Throw Me Something Mister, but do it gently!
By Julie @JuJuNOLAbump
There is so much going on in our city (New Orleans) this month!
In less than a week begins the Superbowl’s NFL experience.
However, this year is going to be very different than the previous parade seasons. This year we will be trading in the rolling ice chest for a rolling ladder, marking our spot a little later than usual, and worrying about drunkards humming beads at my baby’s face.
I know he’s going to love all the lights, music, and excitement but most of all he’s going to love the “nays” (horses). He has eaten king cake only once but he can spot a box from a mile away.
He will be sporting the traditional purple, green, and gold polo.
Dada will teach him how to raise his hands high and catch throws, eat a moon pie(or two),
and embrace the culture of New Orleans!
- Throwing a Fun and Friendly Mardi Gras Party for Kids (personalcreations.com)
- A guide to New Orleans during the Superbowl AND Mardi Gras (dailymail.co.uk)
- Mardi Gras (ssinkie.wordpress.com)
- Drivers prepare for major Super Bowl road closures, Mardi Gras parking restrictions (wwltv.com)
- Krewes say rolling early for Super Bowl is financial, logistical nightmare (wwltv.com)
- Mardi Gras in New Orleans (news.tripwheels.com)