Prego Pin-It 15: Hot Hair!
BY LEANNE @LovelyLadyBump
Because it heats up so quickly down here, I’ve been looking for hot summer hairstyles since March, and I’m really disappointed in myself for not sharing this with you months ago. I was browsing Pinterest one day and came across a “new” do that sparked my interests. Not only was I intrigued because it was SUPER cute, but also because it reminded me of my casual workout up-do in junior high and high school. I’d put my hair on the very top of my head and keep the excess off my neck by knotting the pony-tail with another rubber band. The principal of the “topknot” is exactly the same. It’s just neater and more stylish now.
Elle.com did a very nice how-to, but in my opinion that takes way too long for my every day hustle and bustle. I also like my topknot to be much looser and not gathered so tightly that my eyebrows are permanently pulled up. Either way you like to wear your topknot, it’s a hot summer do and can be seen on celebs from Elizabeth Banks to Gwen Stefani and many more.
Here’s my HOW TO:
- Gather a small portion of hair into a half ponytail as high on your head as possible. Leave it loose and still parted in the front (optional).
- Bend your head down letting your hair fall to the ground and gather the rest in a ponytail on the very top of your head (you should have 2 small ponytails now).
- Take the two ponytails together and tie them around themselves to form a knot. Place another rubberband around the outside to secure the knot. (I usually use 2-3 more rubberbands).
- Use bobby pins if needed to secure loose strands and you’re done!
See pics of my topknot below on the left and a borrowed pic from Elle.com on the right. If you love this as much as I do, please repin!
- Prego Pin-It 8: The Belly Cast (nolababybump.wordpress.com)
- PREGO PIN-IT 11 & 12: Summer Prints (nolababybump.wordpress.com)
- 3 Summer Styles to Try Poolside (bellasugar.com)